Please sign and share this petition to bring Collaborative Proactive Solutions to Australian Schools!
Please write to Education Minister, Sarah Mitchell and request that CPS (Collaborative Proactive Solutions) be introduced to NSW schools: email@example.com
Call to Action: Towards the end of this episode, Sarah and Lou make a plea for listeners to contact the Minister for Education in WA. Here's the contact details so that you can write to Minister Sue Ellery:
12th Floor, Dumas House, 2 Havelock Street, WEST PERTH WA 6005
61 8 6552 5700
61 8 6552 5701
In this episode Lou and Dr Sarah Bernard talk about life growing up for Sarah and her discovery of her own neurodivergence. They also discuss Sarah's blogs about Ableist School Reports and letters, Autistic play and Behaviourism. They delve into a discussion about the Aged Care and Disability Royal Commissions and Sarah's career as a Geriatrician and they finish with a focus on WA, where Sarah lives and the sort of advocacy that parents will endeavour over the next little while. A really uplifting and educational discussion with a beautiful and lovely person.
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE, RATE AND REVIEW!
Please join the Square Peg Round Whole podcast Facebook private group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/536225331089755
Please like the Facebook PUBLIC page: https://www.facebook.com/Square-Peg-Round-Whole-Public-PAGE-108284341497676
Resources discussed during this episode:
1. Tim Chan - Autistic Advocate, website: https://www.timhchan.com/
2. Dr Mary Dougherty, Founder, Autistic Doctors International, website: https://autisticdoctorsinternational.com/
3. Book: Neurotribes by Dr Steve Silberman: https://www.booktopia.com.au/neurotribes-steve-silberman/book/9781760294366.html?dsa=s1-east&gclid=Cj0KCQjwzqSWBhDPARIsAK38LY_xnqNsAMst4L0a-4TeBZtk_LmhtBMGWoYfs6GJNgLmN_3y935fPnIaAuSeEALw_wcB
4. Book: Neuroqueer Heresies by Nick Walker: https://www.wob.com/en-au/books/nick-walker/neuroqueer-heresies/9781945955266?gclid=Cj0KCQjwzqSWBhDPARIsAK38LY_GbwlSrP9XeyZszwJ05P-FDqq4x9QbwrIjhnYL7wOVAIHSwl1g0bcaApcfEALw_wcB
5. The Neurodivergent Doctor Blog - https://neurodivergentdr.wixsite.com/website
6. UK Report: Positive Behavioural Support in the UK: A State of the Nation Report https://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/bild/ijpbs/2022/00000012/a00101s1/art00001?fbclid=IwAR0UHhrtfNHdoHViEYH3IKqEu7hNAmQErpMY7iMEJcjbSwRlWiHSo5ae7Zk